Kip Dunkelberger serves his clients by originating and placing commercial real estate loans with third-party lenders on their behalf. He is perhaps best known in the industry for persistently and proactively devising solutions to the tough issues that inevitably arise during most loan originations. In large part, that is because he places a special emphasis on identifying potential concerns early in the process – saving his clients considerable stress, time and money. "Some people look at a problem and get stuck; I view problems as opportunities. If I can figure out a solution where others cannot, it is a win for everyone involved. It's just the way I’m wired," Kip says. From his educational path in business administration at Northwestern College to his professional career in commercial real estate, he has always exemplified an entrepreneurial problem-solving approach to life and business.
As a teenager growing up in southwest Minnesota, Kip aspired to a career in the “big city,” and he has reached that goal. Yet he credits his childhood mentors – especially his late father and grandfather – for instilling in him the virtues of perseverance, practicality and ingenuity that are just as vital in the business world as they were back in rural America. A chance meeting with Venture Mortgage founder Mick Thorsland quickly led the two men to realize that they shared those values, as well as a passion for helping clients to achieve their financial goals. Soon thereafter, Kip joined Venture Mortgage, where he, Mick and the rest of team now use their complementary expertise and skills to deliver highly effective solutions for both borrowers and lenders.
Most of Kip's leisure time is happily spent with his wife and two young children, boating, golfing, skiing, reading or simply learning something new.
- Arranged loans ranging from as little as $800,000 to as much as $70 million for clients large and small, both investors and owner-occupants
- Secured financing for most types of commercial real estate, including retail, industrial, multi-family, hospitality, office, single-tenant, multi-tenant, owner-occupied “and a few strange ones along the way”
- Maintains relationships with an extensive network of lenders, including Wall Street conduits, banks, life insurance companies and Fannie Mae
- Began his career in commercial mortgage banking in 2001 with Voyager Bank in Eden Prairie, Minn., as an Analyst
- Co-founded Commercial Mortgage Advisors in Wayzata, Minn., in 2002
- Joined Welsh Capital in Minneapolis as an Associate in 2005 and was promoted to Vice President in 2007
- Joined Venture Mortgage as Vice President in January 2010
- Active in several professional and civic organizations, including the Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA) of Minnesota, the National Association of Industrial and Office Properties (NAIOP), and the Minnesota Shopping Center Association (MSCA)
- Member of the National and Minnesota/South Dakota CCIM Chapters
- Holds a Real Estate Brokers License in the State of Minnesota